Kinopiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compiled and Branched

2 posters

Go down

Compiled and Branched Empty Compiled and Branched

Post  MrPrince Sun May 09, 2010 1:57 am

1.) A way to advertise your shop - pay to have your shop name and advertisement on a notice board
Extras to add: Possible to make your own shop banner and place it within the shop. Special forum for advertising. Different color options (for people who can't program) for your shop (very basic)

2.) Having Employees - required to hire employees to open and run your shop
Branching idea; Instead of using other people, possibly use other people's pets? Say I am friends with Jimmy, and his pet Scout isn't doing anything. Scout can "work" at my shop. What this would do is 1.) Scout would get a small income toward Jimmy and 2.) This could act as a small auto-pricer? If you have more then one "Section" on your shop, you will need more pets. It would be neat if you had... well you click on my shop named Cheap-Oh. You come to a page where it says "Welcome" and then one of your pets? There could be a place for words to go, and then a list of all your "sections" below. Each section could only hold... say 20? Items. This way the shop people can't rule over the economy of the site, it keeps people buying sections, and it gives other people a chance to have their pets work.
OR
Instead of auto-pricing, different pets could have different abilities? Possibly based on the species.
Like a Serpnal working in your Food Section could give your section an extra five item slots. *For that one ONLY*
A Kikon working in section 2 could give you a .001% profit. (Would not work on anything sold under 1k)
EX. Bob buys a sock for 2k (PAYS THAT MUCH AND NOT MORE) The till would increase by 2002 cash.

3.) Shop customization - able to change everything about your shop; name, layout, message, shopkeeper, etc
Agree. Have an option of pre-made layouts, colors, ect.. But also possibly have it to where people who can program can do it themselves.

4.) Able to purchase up to 3 stores - require to have one shop with at least size 50? and a construction permit (bought with cash?)
I like the idea of more then one store. Size ideas stated above. Permit idea is a good idea. Make them earn it first.

5.) Pets can die - when they die (because they haven't been fed for a month or had zero hp for a month) they automatically turn into the 'zombie' theme and sent to graveyard. From there people are free to 'adopt' the pet for a fee. Could have an 'immortality' that could be bought to keep pet from ever dying. Either cost KP or KC. I'm leaning more towards KP so people won't think this is a cashed-based site and its decent money sink.
Die? Yes. Theme change? NO! Lurapets will hunt you guys down, sorry. (been around Ken to know the dark side all to well.) Also, stats can only go down when your online playing, not while you are logged out.

6.) custom shopkeeper bought with money
I sorta like this idea. Would it be from a selection of pre-mades?

7.) School for pets
I have always liked this idea, NuP had something like this before they closed the site. Each pet can be there at the same time, but can only be in one class. The higher up your stats go, the more it costs. Other forms of stat upgrade options should be available, such as random events or quests?

8.) Themes: Fire (Flara/Ignus), Water (Aqua/Marine), Earth (Terra), Robot (Upgrade), Ancient, Angel (Angelus), Halloween, X-Mas, Zombie (Living Dead/Thanatos/Victus Mortuus)
Winged (Flight), Val. Day (Lieben/ any other name).

ok, this is really common, but i just love human avvies x3
I love HAs, but you have to be careful it doesnt pull from the PET part of the petsite ;D

and also, it would be wonderful if you could put your own layout
I like this. There can be pre-made layouts, hidden/holiday/seasonal layouts, and then customs. People could make them, ect..

and maybe even playlist on your profile and pet pages, it really bugs me when sites dont have that option ^^
Petpage? I like the idea of a playlist on the profile, but for the petpage, I would say only one song. Not sure how much "pressure" this would put on the site if everyone had playlists that were a mile long on each pet. This could also be tricky with copyrighted music.

and one more thing that i can think of atm, QUESTS
quests that can give you cash credits, items, and points and whatnot c:

Types of Quests -
- Newbie: Talk to so and so, they give you an item, you do this with it, then post on the forum, then do this and this..
Run.A.Rounds: Get an item from so and so, give it to shop keeper candy man. (NPCs only)
Fighting: Kill this monster so many times
Long Term: Post 100 times, win 500 battles, ect..

------

Battle System:
How about, its sorta set up pokemon style where you see the back of your pet and the enemy infront to the side.. but you have a drop down of attacks/magic/weapons, choose one, and then you can click on the enemy in say.. five different locations. Sometimes it does more damage, sometimes it does less, sometimes it is normal.
So say I click on its chest. Normal.
Now I click on his right arm, it misses.
Click on his head, he has a helmet on so it does less.
Click arm again, critical.
Click left leg, normal.
Ect.. That way there is a bit of strategy.

Pet Adoption:
Choose gender yourself.
Possibly have to do different things to be able to unlock some of them?
So you can choose from four basics.
To get others youd have to do tasks.
Pet 5: Post 20 times
Pet 6: Get a pet to level 10
Pet 7: Be active for a month
ect..

Pet Trades:
This one is a bit risky. I would say.. you would have to earn this feature and pay some in-game currency to be able to do this. This way, no newbie/noob can be tricked. Same as pet auctions.

Pound Pets:
Should cost you money to put pet into pound. Not much more to add to this that I can think of..
(Notice for MYSELF, talk about in Reputation)

Contests:
Distortion
Art
Writing
Riddles
Puzzled (rearrange the image into many pieces, have them guess)
Guess The Staff (Give random facts, have users guess)
Rearrange: Write out a sentence and they have to do it corectly
Ex. The Kinopiron best is. ( XD )
Points Contests: Had a line of contests where people earn points for little mini-contests. Most points wins.
Group Contests: Register three groups of users. Work at different mini-contests together. (Collab a drawing, or a poem)

Would need a different name, but I would LOVE to see this idea on the site.
Each user starts off with a Rep of 0. They can get points from MANY things;
- Pluses on forum posts (Works only in Help forum)
- Each month you get a few points for being a member.
- Winning trophies/contests/ getting high scores
- Different marks reached toward posting
Ex. 1 rep for 20 posts. 2 rep for 80 posts.
- Topics made
- Battles won (Would have to be HIGH, so get rep once you start hitting the 3k range)

Thanks for.. reading all of that.
Please help branch off of what I said. Nothing of this is set in stone. =)
MrPrince
MrPrince

Back to top Go down

Compiled and Branched Empty Re: Compiled and Branched

Post  Darkforestwarrior Sun May 09, 2010 5:03 am

Definite yays for me would be the school idea (which may just already be planned in a way ;D)
I like the shop ideas but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by purchasing additional shops.
Maybe shops can just get upgrades? IDK why multiple shops are needed in other words xP
quests for sure are always a good idea.

On the nay side, I'd say prolly no to human avatars (it's a lot of extra work for artists, detracts from the pets, and we really haven't planned anything. Plus extra coding of course) if we decided to get them it would definitely not be for a long while XD;;
Also I'm pretty iffy about playlists. We don't want anything that's gonna get us in trouble with copyrighted stuff :/
Darkforestwarrior
Darkforestwarrior
Co-Admin

Horse

RPG Info
Level: 100
Health Bar:
Compiled and Branched Left_bar_bleue1495/1495Compiled and Branched Empty_bar_bleue  (1495/1495)
Experience Bar:
Compiled and Branched Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Compiled and Branched Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrince Sun May 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Clarification of Shops:
Well heres a better run down.
You would first have earn the right to own a shop(s) by buying the... license (or what-not that I said above).
Once you can get your shop, you can name it.
- I name mine BlackMarket -

So now I have my shop with one section. Sections can.. say come in 10 slots.
Then you can added slots.. say by tens? Up to 50 slots TOTAL (so you can buy four upgrades) per section.
Each shop can have... four sections? And you can say.. have up to three shops.

So thats..
50x4=...
answer x 3 =...

That many XD
This way, we don't have the same economic issues where the shop users own the whole economy. (My greatest fear for petsites is a lop-sidded economy.

It limits slots so people cant horde.
It makes it so the shop owners have to spend more to sell more.
It ties in having pets work at the shops.
And it keeps things fair for users who arn't huge sellers.
MrPrince
MrPrince

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum